New music: Janelle Monae feat. Miguel - Primetime.
Janelle Monáe’s timely duet with Miguel. The two whisper sweet nothings to each other on the soulful number. over a soothing, mellow tone instrumental serenading. Due Sept. 10, The Electric Lady also features Prince, Solange, Erykah Badu, and Esperanza Spalding.
(click here to listen to “Primetime”)
Casa Seta y Martín Dulanto Architect
Martín Dulanto Architect designed Casa Seta, located in Lima, Peru, in 2012.
The home is bright and colorful, and surrounded by lush vegetation and crowned with a stunning terrace.
#80sBaby.. You know shits bouta get forreal when someone claps before they start dancing LOL
Solange for Black Cab Sessions, accompanied by Dev Hynes on guitar, giving a beautiful rendition of the track “Bad Girls,” taken from her True EP.
Jungle of East Bali: Jasri Beach Villas
Sixty miles east of the jostling streets of Kuta and Seminyak are the Jasri Beach Villas, a pair of pristine villas bordering the attenuating seas of the Indian Ocean and lush jungle of East Bali. Camouflaged against the exotic landscape, the villa estate only reveals itself to those searching for the ultimate retreat.
I’m so upset with myself..I’m just discovering this great artist who Soulbounce mentioned in 2010 as Artist to Follow who captured their attention that year.
Chris Turner, a classically trained crooner deftly combines streams of jazz, hip-hop, funk, and soul in his music; he’s as comfortable with falsetto and scatting as he is with laying down smooth and creative phrasings. He has performed and toured like Jesse Boykins III, Esperanza Spalding,and Bilal.
Press play to listen to his latest release or cownload the free mixtape LOVElife Is A Challenge
BED, BATH and BEYOND An extreme example of disappearing design is the Bed Up Down system from Italy, which allows a bed to levitate into a ceiling recess, here revealing a tub. Now this is what I call a WaterBed..
1) Don’t take emotional baggage into 2012. If your situation is stagnant and making you unhappy let it go and start over fresh.
2) Maybe it’s time to move! Sometimes the best way to reboot your life is to change your environment. Getting away from old friends, family, and ex’s can take a ton of weight off your shoulders. Bu…t beware; if you take those same attitudes and bad habits with you, changing cities won’t make a different. To change your life, you must change your mind!
3) Forgive those who hurt you…and forgive yourself for making the bad choices that put you in your situation. Forgiveness is for your benefit not theirs. Holding onto animosity can poison future relationships and literally make you sick!
4) Start checking things off your bucket list. Travel overseas, go skydiving, swim with the stingrays, or travel to another city to shop and have dinner, alone if necessary! Life is short. I can’t think of anything worse than laying on my death bed thinking, “If I woulda, shoulda, coulda.”
5) Read More! Reading changed my life! Learning your history is the most important thing you’ll ever do. Also, reading about new ideas, philosophy, and novels from authors of every persuasion. No matter how poor you are, books can transport your mind to any place in the world. And once you open up that door, there’s no closing it. Knowledge is like a drug, once you get a taste of it, you’ll always want more!
6) Associate with other open-minded people. Who you spend your time can determine your level of growth. Stop wasting time with non-thinkers if you’re a thinker. Don’t allow your development to be arrested by people who are afraid to step outside the box.
7) Improve your diet and lifestyle. Eating healthier is not that difficult, start by making the beef, chicken, and fish the side dishes and the vegetables the main course. Eat smaller portions 4-6 times per day. Don’t wait until your stomach starts pushing out before you stop eating. Park your car and walk. Ride your bike more often. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Exercise at home during the commercials when you watch TV. And hang out with people who are also committed to living healthier. You don’t need a gym membership to start getting in shape, just common since.
8) Step outside your comfortable zone to find a compatible partner. The person who is best for you may be much older or younger. Maybe he or she is of another race. If you’re fortunate enough to find someone who loves you, understands you, and accepts you, go for it! Don’t allow the attitudes of friends and family to cause you to miss out on a good thing, people who are happy, want you to be happy regardless of age or race.
9) Have more sex! It’s a great stress reliever and it’s good for your self-esteem. But keep in mind, this only applies to having great sex; bad sex can piss you off more than not having sex at all. *Note: Safe and Monogamous Sex
10) Last but not least, stop gossiping and speaking negatively about people! Words have power; they either uplift or destroy. I decided some time ago to use my platform to inspire and encourage my listeners instead of provoking them. I learned that every word I spoke, every Facebook and Twitter posts had a positive or negative impact. And the responses to the positive posts were ten times greater than the negative ones. People really do prefer enlightenment to ignorance and quality over garbage, the fact that you’re reading this post is proof of that!
Let’s make 2013 the best year ever! Happy New Years!
Kevin Thornton, Life Coach
Torre & Tagus Level Wine Rack $50
This free standing wine rack is a space-conscious tool for storing your vino. It’s made with MDF wood construction and designed to hold 4 wine bottles in perfect balance.